In 2009, the Dutch photojournalist Jeroen Swolfs started photographing street life around the world. With his 195 street photos taken in as many countries, Jeroen Swolfs wants to show a positive image of the world we live in. His project Streets of the World is the result of this impressive journey of 7 years. It’s a photography project that does not only impress by its scale, but also by his intriguing outlook and his eye for people. On 21 November a big outside exhibition will start in Dubai ending 1 February 2019. For this project we are looking for an intern based in Dubai. He/ she will work closely together with the Streets of the world team.
Wat ga je doen?
- Supporting the team with all sorts activities concerning the organisation of the exhibition
- Organising sub-events like business nights and guided tours
- Helping out on site during the exhibition period
- Supporting the Business Development & Marketing team
- Identifying and researching potential clients & visitors groups
- Preparing presentations & pitches
Wat bieden wij?
You'll be based in our office in Dubai for three months
You'll experience a challenging & inspiring work environment where you can learn and develop your skills.We are very happy to hear your input & you get to explore and push your creativity
Herken jij jezelf in dit profiel?
- You follow a media or event or comparable education
- You are passionate about photographyYou have a practical “can do” attitude
- You are passionate about travel & events
- You are willing to be based outside the Netherlands for this internship
- You are an open, friendly team player with strong communication skills
- You consider yourself a problem solver and see things you don’t yet understand as an opportunity to develop your skill set even further
- You aren’t afraid to voice your opinion and collaborate with a virtual team
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced and high-intensity environment
- You don’t procrastinate, and prefer to get in and work ‘til the job gets done
- You speak and write fluent English & Dutch
Wie zijn wij?
In 2009 trok de Nederlandse fotojournalist Jeroen Swolfs de deur achter zich dicht voor een ambitieuze reis. Hij wilde alle landen van de wereld bezoeken om er een foto te maken van het straatleven anno nu. Na zeven jaar lang over de wereld reizen, is het tijd om zeven jaar lang met de wereld te delen. ‘Streets on Tour’ gaat van start met het fotomuseum in Zaandam en zet daarvandaan de wereldreis voort om de foto’s met bijbehorende boodschap te laten zien. Van stad tot stad, van land tot land, van werelddeel tot werelddeel. Jeroen Swolfs wil met zijn werk mensen inspireren om met andere ogen naar elkaar te kijken – niet met verschillen, maar juist met verbondenheid als uitgangspunt.
Danja Raven. Please send your resume together with your motivation letter and travel experience. More information can be found on our website www.streetsoftheworld.com.